I think one of the biggest beauty secret to a fresh face is a good concealer and mineral based and oil free powder. Growing up, I used a number of different foundations from cheap stores in the mall and when my face started reacting to it, I immediately consulted a dermatologist. With the advice to switch my foundations, I went with the classic Jane Iredale, which was currently being sold at my dermatologist’s office. I stumbled upon dermstore.com and whew! Cheaper and lots of different options.
Follow These Steps:
- Always clean your face prior to putting on make up, it will help wash away the bacteria already residing in your pores.
- Apply the Jane Iredale Disappear Concealer to the dark spots or blemishes you wish to hide. I would always suggest using a brush like this one below, which was designed to blend liquid mineral make up on your skin flawlessly.
- For overall coverage, I use the PurePressed Base SPF 20 Mineral Powder Compact. Guys, when I tell you it’s the best coverage of any make up I have ever seen, I am not lieing!
Just a few more tips for getting that fresh faced look every day:
- Never sleep in your make up!
- Wash your face first thing in the morning, as well as in the evening.
- If you are an exercise buff like me, make sure you wash your face immediately after a work out. You don’t want that bacteria settling in your pores!
- Only wear make up when you need to. I used to put it on when I’m working from home, but not anymore. Only applying make up when you need to makes your face smooth and silky all day long.